Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Flaming Gorge

A couple of weekends ago, I went camping at Flaming Gorge with Kim, Jack, Colton, and Tori. It was a very fun weekend. Flaming Gorge is over on the Utah and Wyoming Border. Jack drove their new motor home over and Kim followed behind in her car. Of course is was a idiot and rode over in the back of the motor home. That wasn’t the smartest idea. Lets just say that between Jack’s driving and the winding canyons, I was a little green when we finally got there. Other than that we had a great weekend. The water was freezing cold but Colton, Tori, and I still had a blast swimming around in it.. We did a lot of fishing and Colton caught his fish ever and the only one that anyone caught on the trip. I looked like a dork when I was fishing because I was sitting in the under a tree and using a umbrella to stay out of the sun. I only got a couple of funny looks, but I wasn’t risking the chance of getting sun burnt.
One the second night there we where sitting around the fire talking and some people came walking along the beach with flashlights looking in the water. We where a little curious so we went over and talked to them. It turned out that they were craw fishing. They come up to the shore at night to eat and then you just walk around and pick them up. They look like a little lobster. Colton and Tori went with the other people and fished with them for a little while. You could hear them squealing as they attempted to pick them up. You have to grab them from behind right under their claws, or else they will pinch you. Tori was the first to finally reach in the water and grab one. Colton kept saying “I just can’t do it.” He kept everyone laughing at his attempts of catching one. But after a while he got in there and caught the most. It was after 2 in the morning before we retired from craw fishing. The people said that you boil them and eat them, but we just let the one that we caught go back into the water. It was a great weekend of camping and fun.



1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I don't think I've ever seen a craw fish unless they are those ugly mini lobster things you see at Chinese buffets. Looks like fun. I love the umbrella look.