Tuesday, May 8, 2012

North Dakota

I think after a year and half it is about time to update the blog. Over spring break I took a little road trip up to North Dakota to visit Marc and Krisi. I took a little over 12 hours to drive there. I thought it would never end. Krisi's kids didn't know that I was coming, so she had them do a little treasure hunt to find a surprise. They ran all around the house and at the every end they came outside to find me standing there. There were lots of hugs and tears. Defiantly made up for the long drive. Over the next few days we played around and went to see the sights of North Dakota. We took a drive down the Enchanted highway. It is a stretch of road that has huge metal sculptures along the way. At each one has a little playground you can crawl through or on. The only bad thing was that it was so cold! It was a good thing there was a few miles in between so we could warm up between sites. The other big thing we did was the Badlands National Park. There were a few little hikes we stopped at and walked around. Over all I had a great trip and enjoyed the good company.

1 comment:

Scott, Kelly, Liz, Logan said...

I didn't know you made it into such a cool trip. I thought you just drove up and back. The enchanted road looked fun. What an awesome surprise for the kids. :)